Phone Number: 01625 874426
Website: Visit the Anson Engine Museum website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View Anson Engine Museum reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Anson Engine Museum is a museum about the history of the combustion engine and man's quest for power located in the Cheshire Peak district on the site of an old colliery.
Run as a charitable organisation the museum is run on a shoestring and powered by enthusiasm. The museum has over 250 gas and oil engines on display, mainly in running order, with engines running every day they are open. There is also a steam engine section with 'steam days' every 3rd Sunday in the month.
Displays and exhibits include the development of the internal combustion engine, local history displays, a giant scale model of Poynton and artefacts and photos relating to the colliery. There is also a craft centre with bodging, blacksmithing and wood turning. Children under 12 get free entry.
- Free car parking.
- Gift shop.
- Tearoom selling drinks and sweets.
- Free wi-fi.
- Picnics welcome.
- Open every Friday & Sunday between 12th April - 25th Oct.
- Normal opening times are 10am until 4pm. Last admission 3:30pm
- Please check website for more upto date opening hours.
- Adult (Standard open days) - £5.00
- Adult (Special event days) - £7.00
- Childeren (13 to 16 all days) - £2.50
- Children under 13 - Free
Prices and opening hours correct as at May 2020.
Before you start your journey to Anson Engine Museum for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Lyme Park, House and Garden
- Wild Things Soft Play Centre
- Jungle Monkey
- Bramall Hall
- Staircase House
- Silk Museum