Phone Number: 01625 612045
Website: Visit the Silk Museum website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
The Silk Museum is a museum about the silk making process and it’s history with respect to Macclesfield, Cheshire.
The museum is based in what was previously the Macclesfield school of Art and features hands on exhibits, historic machinery, interactive displays, colouring and rubbing activities for children, a film and a changing exhibit space. Topics cover information on the process of how silk is made right from the silk worm cocoons to being woven on a loom, the history of the silk industry in Macclesfield and the lives of the workers and the designers. Children’s soft play area. Tickets available for combined entry to the Silk museum and the Heritage centre or Paradise Mill.
- Free for children under 16.
- Jacquard Tea Room serving home made cakes and beverages.
- Monday to Saturday: 10am - 4pm
- Open on Bank Holidays (except Xmas week): 12noon - 4pm
- Optional Guided Tours of the Silk Museum 11:45am 1pm and 2:15pm (May & June)
- Silk Museum entry is by donation, a ‘Give What You Can’ optional scheme.
Prices and opening hours correct as at May 2019.
Before you start your journey to Silk Museum for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Paradise Mill
- Nether Alderley Mill
- Lyme Park, House and Garden
- Anson Engine Museum
- Jodrell Bank Discovery Centre
- Quarry Bank Mill and Styal Estate