Phone Number: 01435 882302
Website: Visit the Bateman's website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
National Trust Membership: FREE entry to over 500 fantastic places.
Reviews: View Bateman's reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Bateman's is a Jacobean house with gardens and 330 acres of estate which was once home to Rudyard Kipling located near Burwash in East Sussex.
This grey stone 17th-century house is situated in the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. With many original architectural features such as mullioned windows and oak beams the interiors reflect the Kiplings' taste in antiquities and the East. Some of the points of interest include the study where Rudyard wrote, paintings from the Jungle book and a 1930's radio playing pieces about the author and his work.
The formal gardens are of a traditional English style featuring manicured lawns, clipped yew hedges, scented herb border and beehives. There is also a working 17th century water-mill that is in operation on selected days.
- Free car parking.
- Oast House gift shop selling books, local produce, gifts and souvenirs.
- The Mulberry Restaurant serves drinks, ice-creams, snacks, hot meals and cream teas.
- Please check the Bateman's website for opening hours.
- Adult - £12.40
- Child - £6.20
- Family - £31.00
- Group Adult (minimum group size 15) - £11.80
- Group Child (minimum group size 15) - £5.90
Prices and opening hours correct as at January 2020.
Before you start your journey to Bateman's for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Bedgebury National Pinetum
- Go Ape Bedgebury
- Scotney Castle
- Wilderness Wood
- The Observatory Science Centre
- Gardens and Grounds of Herstmonceux Castle