Phone Number: 01752 346585
Website: Visit the Branscombe website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
National Trust Membership: FREE entry to over 500 fantastic places.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Branscombe is a village with historical buildings in a valley setting leading down to a shingle beach in East Devon.
The village has a rich history including hand-made lace, smuggling and potato growing and features a number of very old building. Most notably are the thatched working forge, a restored 19th century working mill, the old bakery, a church and a number of old public houses. The buildings owned by the National Trust are the forge, the bakery and the mill. The Forge believed to be the oldest working forge in the country is in operation daily and sells wares made there. The old bakery is now a tearooms but has the original ovens and bakery equipment on display. Manor Mill is a restored 19th century working mill powered by a water wheel.
St. Winifred's church, dedicated to a Welsh saint, has mainly 14th century architecture, but has parts dating back to Norman times. The old public houses in the village include the Fountain Head which is 500 years old and the Mason Arms which dates from the 14th century. The village is also in an area of outstanding natural beauty and is surrounded by orchards, woodlands and fields which lead down to Branscombe beach, a shingle beach which is part of the Jurassic coast.
- Small car park next to Old Forge, more parking in village.
- Retail sales from Old forge of iron wares.
- Old Bakery tea-room serving home cooked meals and cream teas.
- The Sea Shanty public house serves food and drink.
- The Fountain Head serves traditional ales and locally sourced food.
- The Mason Arms serves local beers and meals.
Opening Times & Ticket Prices:
- Please visit the Branscombe website for opening times and prices.
Before you start your journey to Branscombe for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Beer Quarry Caves
- Playdome (Indoor Soft Play Area)
- Allhallows Museum of Lace and Local Antiquities
- Bicton Park Botanical Gardens
- Devon's Crealy Great Adventure Park
- A la Ronde