Phone Number: 024 7623 4270
Website: Visit the Coventry Transport Museum website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View Coventry Transport Museum reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Coventry Transport Museum is a museum about the history of transport located in Coventry City Centre in the West Midlands.
Opened in 1980, this indoor attraction covers two floors and is filled with motor cars, commercial vehicles, military vehicles, buses, cycles and motorcycles plus collections of photos, memorabilia and books ranging from Victorian times through to modern day.
There are 11 galleries to explore with themes covering Motorsport, commercial vehicles, toy cars, land speed record cars, motorcycles, cycles and Coventry's place in the manufacture of motor vehicles. In the land speed record gallery, in addition to 2 of the cars that achieved the World Land Speed record there is a simulator ride for which there is an additional charge. Other 'star vehicles' on display at the museum include Queen Mary's Daimler, a Delorean DMC-12 and a mini Metro which once belonged to Lady Diana Spencer.
Guided tours for groups available for a small fee by prior arrangement.
- Use City Centre car parks (charge).
- Gift shop selling memorabilia, gifts and souvenirs.
- Esquires Coffee House serves snacks, cakes (including the Coventry godcake) and beverages.
- Free WiFi.
- Normal opening hours: Monday to Sunday (including bank holidays) 10am - 5m (last admission 4:30pm).
- Open every day of the year except 24th – 26th December and 1st January.
- Adults - £14.00
- Concessions (Senior & Student) - £10.50
- Junior (5 to 16 years) - £7.00
- 4 or under - FREE
- Essential carer - FREE
- Family (2 adults +2 children) - £35.00
- Small Family (1 adult +3 children) - £28.00
- Go CV card holders - FREE
- Other groups (12 or more) - Please enquire
Prices and opening hours correct as at May 2020.
Before you start your journey to Coventry Transport Museum for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Coventry Cathedral
- Lunt Roman Fort
- Electric Railway Museum
- Jam Jam Boomerang
- Brandon Marsh Nature Centre
- Ryton Gardens