Phone Number: 01225 754026
Website: Visit the Farleigh Hungerford Castle website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
English Heritage Membership: FREE access to over 400 historic places.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Farleigh Hungerford Castle is the remains of a 14th century castle West of Trowbridge in Somerset.
Managed by English Heritage, the remains of this fortified mansion sits in the beautiful river Frome valley, surrounded by the river. Things to see include the 15th century wall paintings of St George in the chapel, the family tombs and the collection of human-shaped lead coffins in the crypt. There is also an exhibition in the Priests House with displays about the history of Farleigh and it's inhabitants. An audio tour is included in the admission price and there is also a walled garden and the chapel garden to see, plus large grassy areas for picnics.
- Small free car park for visitors.
- Shop selling gifts, souvenirs, local produce, toys and books.
- Vending machine with hot drinks and snacks.
- Picnics welcome.
- Please visit the Farleigh Hungerford Castle website for opening times and prices.
Ticket Prices - Without Gift Aid:
- Member - Free
- Adults - £5.70
- Children (5 to 17 years) - £3.40
- Concession - £5.10
- Family (2 adults, up to 3 children) - £14.80
Prices and opening hours correct as at April 2019.
Before you start your journey to Farleigh Hungerford Castle for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Westwood Manor
- Prior Park Landscape Garden
- Great Chalfield Manor and Garden
- Bath Abbey
- The Roman Baths
- Bath Postal Museum