Phone Number: 01543 877666
Website: Visit the Museum of Cannock Chase website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View Museum of Cannock Chase reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Museum of Cannock Chase is a local history museum about the history of Cannock Chase and the area, in Cannock, Staffordshire.
Located on the edge of Cannock Chase the site was once a Colliery training pit, but is now 30 acres of green space and the museum. The museum has information on the coal mining industry including a recreation of a coalface and miners cottage, social history including information on important local individuals, exhibits and displays about life during the second world war, art exhibits displaying the work of local and international artists and a gallery with olden times toys and games that visitors can have a go of. There are also regularly changing temporary exhibitions.
- Car parking.
- Gift Shop selling toys, books, jewellery and souvenirs.
- Coffee Shop selling cakes, snacks and drinks.
- Easter to September (spring and summer seasons): Every day, 11am to 5pm (last entry 4:30pm).
- October to Easter (autumn and winter seasons): Monday to Friday, 11am to 4pm (last entry 3:30pm).
- Closed for two weeks over Christmas and New Year.
- Free admission attraction.
Prices and opening hours correct as at May 2020.
Before you start your journey to Museum of Cannock Chase for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Go Ape Cannock Chase
- Go Bananas Play Zone
- Shugborough Estate
- Crash Bang Wallop
- Erasmus Darwin House
- Moseley Old Hall