Phone Number: 01902 376 200
Website: Visit the Royal Air Force Museum Cosford website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View Royal Air Force Museum Cosford reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Royal Air Force Museum Cosford is an aviation museum, run by the RAF, located in Cosford in Shropshire.
A world-class collection of aircraft with more than 70 historic and iconic aircraft set in three Wartime hangars. Some of the aircraft on display include the world's oldest spitfire, a TSR2, the Comet 1A, the Gnat T1 and a Lincoln bomber. The Test Flight exhibition features displays about advances in aircraft technology and experimental aircraft. There is also an exhibition of wartime aeroplanes plus Hangar 1 has a collection of transport and training aircraft. The National Cold War Exhibition relates the events during the period of political unrest known as the Cold War and includes 3 nuclear bombers.
There is also a gallery about the history of the Royal Air Force with photographs, medals, mascots, artwork and audio-visual presentations. In the Fun and flight interactive gallery visitors can learn how aircraft fly. Visitors can also, for a fee, have a go in a Flight Simulator ride with three different flight types or view a 4D Experience film with three different films to choose from.
- Car parking (charge).
- Shop selling souvenirs, model aircraft kits, clothes, books and DVDs.
- Refuel restaurant is fully licensed and serves hot meals, snacks, and beverages.
- Checkpoint Charlie Café serves light snacks and drinks.
- Open every day of the week including bank holiday weekends.
- March to October: 10am - 5pm (last entry 4pm).
- November to February: 10am - 4pm (last entry 3pm).
- Free entry attraction.
Prices and opening hours correct as at May 2020.
Before you start your journey to Royal Air Force Museum Cosford for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Boscobel House and The Royal Oak
- Playpit Pirate Adventure
- Wightwick Manor and Gardens
- Blists Hill Victorian Town
- Coalport China Museum