Phone Number: 0191 200 7146
Website: Visit the Stephenson Railway Museum website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View Stephenson Railway Museum reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
The Stephenson Railway Museum is about the life and times of steam-powered engines and George and Robert Stevenson who lived for 20 years in North Tyneside.
Located in North Shields the attraction features interactive exhibits demonstrating how trains work and the impact on daily lives plus a collection of vintage steam and diesel locomotives including the 'Billy' steam locomotive plus other vintage vehicles. Visitors can also purchase a ticket for a train ride pulled either by steam or diesel locomotives.
- Free entry attraction.
- Free car parking. Gift shop.
- Please visit the Stephenson Railway Museum website for opening hours.
- Adult - £7.00
- Concessions (60+ years & students) - £5.00
- Child (aged 5 to 16) - £5.00
- Child (aged 4 and under) - FREE
- Prices include a voluntary £1 donation
Prices and opening hours correct as at June 2021.
Before you start your journey to Stephenson Railway Museum for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Kiki’s Kabin
- Segedunum Roman Fort, Baths and Museum
- Arbeia Roman Fort and Museum
- Blue Reef Aquarium Tynemouth
- Tynemouth Priory and Castle