Phone Number: 0191 257 1090
Website: Visit the Tynemouth Priory and Castle website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
English Heritage Membership: FREE access to over 400 historic places.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Tynemouth Priory and Castle is the remains of a castle and Benedictine priory located on the headland overlooking Tynemouth.
There has been fortifications on this site since at least the 11th century and the origins of the priory dates back to the 7th Century. Features to view include the 13th century chapel, an interactive exhibit detailing the history of the site and a gun battery used during the first and second World Wars.
- Gift shop.
- Picnic benches for your own picnic.
- Please check the Tynemouth Priory and Castle website for opening hours.
Ticket Prices - (Without Gift Aid):
- Member - Free
- Adult - £6.30
- Child (5 to 17 years) - £3.80
- Concession - £5.70
- Family (2 adults, up to 3 children) - £16.40
Prices and opening hours correct as at April 2019.
Before you start your journey to Tynemouth Priory and Castle for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Blue Reef Aquarium Tynemouth
- Arbeia Roman Fort and Museum
- Ocean Beach Pleasure Park
- Kiki’s Kabin
- Stephenson Railway Museum