Phone Number: 01223 332900
Website: Visit The Fitzwilliam Museum website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
The Fitzwilliam Museum is an art and antiquities museum, belonging to Cambridge University, located in Cambridge in Cambridgeshire.
The musuem is housed in a building constructed to house the collection which was finished 1848 called ‘The Founder's Building' and is set over two levels and contains around 30 galleries with both permanent and changing exhibits. Items on display include drawings, paintings, sculptures, pottery, porcelain, glass, textiles, furniture, metalwork, jewellery, armour, clocks and watches, coins and medals, books, manuscripts, music and printed works. Artists featured include the likes of Van Dyck, Constable, Monet, Degas, Titian, Picasso, Gainsborough and Rubens. There are objects from all around the world including ancient world artefacts from the major civilizations including Greek, Roman and Egyptian. Guided tours for groups by prior arrangement. Free family activity kits available.
- Free entry attraction (donations welcome).
- Use town car parks.
- Courtyard shop selling books, art, gifts and souvenirs.
- Courtyard Café serving light lunches, snacks, afternoon teas.
Opening Times & Ticket Prices:
- Please visit The Fitzwilliam Museum website for opening times and prices.
Before you start your journey to Fitzwilliam Museum for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Whipple Museum of the History of Science
- The Polar Museum
- The Centre for Computing History
- Cambridge Museum Of Technology
- Anglesey Abbey, Gardens and Lode Mill
- Whale of a Time