Phone Number: 01223 336540
Website: Visit The Polar Museum website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
The Polar Museum is an museum displaying artefacts and information relating to the Arctic and the Antarctic in the city of Cambridge.
Part of the University of Cambridge and the Scott Polar Research Institute the collections are housed in a Grade II listed building. The museum has displays and exhibits relating to the history of exploration of the polar regions, the Indigenous people of the Arctic circle and of scientific investigations conducted there. The displays include photographs, items of clothing, maps, journals, documents, works of art and audio visual presentations. The collection includes items relating to Captain R.F. Scott and his colleagues' race to the South Pole and also the diaries of Shackleton. Group tours available for a fee by prior arrangement.
- Free entry attraction (donations welcome).
- Use city centre car parks or Park and Ride facilities.
- Shop selling souvenirs, books, stationery, jewellery and artwork.
Opening Times & Ticket Prices:
- Please visit The Polar Museum website for opening times and prices.
Before you start your journey to The Polar Museum for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- The Fitzwilliam Museum
- Whipple Museum of the History of Science
- The Centre for Computing History
- Cambridge Museum Of Technology
- Anglesey Abbey, Gardens and Lode Mill
- Whale of a Time