Phone Number: 01539 722975
Website: Visit The Quaker Tapestry Exhibition Centre website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
The Quaker Tapestry Exhibition Centre is a collection of tapestry panels about the Quakers and their beliefs in Kendal in Cumbria.
The Exhibition displays a selection of the of 77 panels of 'crewel' type embroidery created as the result of a project started in 1981 and finished in 1996. The panels tell the story of the origins of the Quaker movement and significant events and contributions made to the developing world are illustrated in the works. The attraction also has an interactive exhibit, including a model railway, about the work of the Quaker Edward Pease who was an engineer, the Barrett Friendship Quilt Exhibition and an exhibit of around 500 artefacts relating to the Quaker movement dating from the 1650's up to the present day.
- Gift shop selling souvenirs, local produce, craft kits, books and toys.
- The Meeting House Café serving vegetarian cakes, drinks, light snacks and lunches.
- Free audio guide.
Opening Times & Ticket Prices:
- Please visit The Quaker Tapestry Exhibition Centre website for opening times and prices.
Before you start your journey to The Quaker Tapestry Exhibition Centre for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Kendal Museum
- Museum of Lakeland Life and Industry
- Sizergh Castle and Garden
- Lakeland Maze Farm Park
- The World of Beatrix Potter Attraction