Phone Number: 0844 493 2205
Website: Visit the Weaver's Cottage website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View Weaver's Cottage reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Weaver's Cottage is a restored 18th-century cottage with information about the history of weaving in Scotland 12 miles West of Glasgow.
The cottage features original weaving equipment including a loom and spinning wheel and examples of handwoven tartans and plaids. There is also period furniture, a documentary film and other historic artefacts to see relating to weaving and life prior to the industrial revolution. Visitors can have a go at weaving themselves. Garden with plants and herbs used to produce the dyes and bee skeps (woven beehives).
- Free public car park nearby.
- Shop selling hand woven goods and other cottage produced goods.
- Picnics welcome.
- Dogs welcome on a lead in the garden.
- 1st Jan to 31st May 2020: Closed
- 1st Jun to 28th Sep: Fri to Mon, 1pm - 5pm
- 29th Sep to 31st Dec: Closed
- Adult - £7.50
- Family - £18.50
- One Adult Family - £12.50
- Concessions - £5.50
Prices and opening hours correct as at March 2020.
Before you start your journey to Weaver's Cottage for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Glasgow Science Centre
- Amazonia Strathclyde Country Park
- The Falkirk Wheel
- Inveraray Jail
- Bo’ness and Kinneil Railway
- Almond Valley Heritage Centre