Phone Number: 0844 493 2205
Website: Visit the Weaver's Cottage website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View Weaver's Cottage reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Weaver's Cottage is a restored 18th-century cottage with information about the history of weaving in Scotland 12 miles West of Glasgow.
The cottage features original weaving equipment including a loom and spinning wheel and examples of handwoven tartans and plaids. There is also period furniture, a documentary film and other historic artefacts to see relating to weaving and life prior to the industrial revolution. Visitors can have a go at weaving themselves. Garden with plants and herbs used to produce the dyes and bee skeps (woven beehives).
- Free public car park nearby.
- Shop selling hand woven goods and other cottage produced goods.
- Picnics welcome.
- Dogs welcome on a lead in the garden.
Opening Times & Ticket Prices:
- Please visit the Weaver's Cottage website for opening times and prices.
Before you start your journey to Weaver's Cottage for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Glasgow Science Centre
- Amazonia Strathclyde Country Park
- The Falkirk Wheel
- Inveraray Jail
- Bo’ness and Kinneil Railway
- Almond Valley Heritage Centre