Phone Number: 01983 760678
Website: Visit the Yarmouth Castle website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
English Heritage Membership: Save up to 21%
Reviews: View Yarmouth Castle reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Yarmouth castle is a 16th century fortification located next to Yarmouth harbour on the Isle of Wight, with the port being used for one of the main ferry crossings to the mainland.
Commissioned by Henry VIII as one of his coastal defence fortifications, it wasn't completed until shortly after his death in 1547. There are displays in some of the rooms of the castle demonstrating how they would have been used during the 16th century. Exhibition about the treacherous seas in the area and the ship wrecks they have seen. Great views across the Solent.
- Car parking in Yarmouth town (pay and display).
- Gift shop selling souvenirs and snacks.
- Dogs allowed on a lead.
- Picnics welcome on grassy areas.
- Please check the Yarmouth Castle website for opening hours.
Ticket Prices - Without Gift Aid:
- Member - Free
- Adult - £5.90
- Child (5 to 17 years) - £3.50
- Concession - £5.30
- Family (2 adults, up to 3 children) - £15.30
- Family (1 adult, up to 3 children) - £9.40
Prices and opening hours correct as at April 2021.
Before you start your journey to Yarmouth Castle for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Dimbola Museum and Galleries
- The Needles Park
- Exbury Gardens and Steam Railway
- Carisbrooke Castle
- Beaulieu National Motor Museum
- JR Zone