Phone Number: 0117 922 3571
Website: Visit the Bristol Museum and Art Gallery website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Bristol Museum and Art Gallery is a history museum and an art gallery located about 5 minutes walk from Bristol city centre.
This indoor attraction is set over 3 floors in a Grade II listed Edwardian building. The galleries include Egyptian and Assyian exhibits with genuine mummies and artefacts. There are natural history exhibits of taxidermied animals and visitors can also listen to animal noises. Also at the museum is a Dinosaur area plus a geological history gallery with geological specimens including fossils, minerals, rocks and maps.
The art galleries are on the second floor and display collections of paintings, ceramics, glass and silverware with both classical and modern items and many world-renouned artists. Facilities for children include an under seven’s discovery area and visitors can also hire family explorer kits.
- Use city centre car parks.
- Museum shop selling glassware, jewellery, toys, books, cards, souvenirs and gifts.
- Café serving homemade, organic specials, salads, soups, sandwiches, cakes, cold drinks and speciality hot drinks.
- Tue to Sun: 10am - 5pm
- Mondays during Bristol school holidays and bank holidays: 10am - 5pm
- Free to enter.
Prices and opening hours correct as at October 2018.
Before you start your journey to Bristol Museum and Art Gallery for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- The Red Lodge Museum
- Bristol Aquarium
- Brunel’s ss Great Britain
- M Shed
- Jungle Rumble Adventure Golf Bristol