Phone Number: 01208 265950
Website: Visit the Lanhydrock website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
National Trust Membership: FREE entry to over 500 fantastic places.
Reviews: View Lanhydrock reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Lanhydrock is a Victorian country mansion with gardens and estate near Bodmin in Cornwall.
The house was rebuilt after a fire in 1881, all that remains of the previous Jacobean house is the long gallery. When rebuilt, the house was given all the modern conveniences of the era. Visitors can see the family areas including the long gallery, the nurseries with old toys and dolls and the dining room plus the downstairs areas including the servants quarters and the kitchens. See the Jacobean plasterwork in the Long Gallery, collections of portraits and porcelain and try the ‘touch and discover' tables around the house to have a go at some servant activities. Learn about the lives of the family (the Agar-Robartes) and the servants from their photographs, possessions and letters including the experiences of the serving members the family during the first world war. Costumed volunteers give introductory talks about the house's history in front of the house.
The extensive gardens are beautiful the year round and include lawns, a formal parterre, herbaceous borders and the higher garden with displays of rhododendrons, magnolias and camellias and a woodland garden. There's also an old thatched cottage, once lived in by a gardener with a stream running nearby. Free garden tours available and outdoor theatre events in the Summer. Visitors can purchase a ticket just to view the garden and grounds, if you don't wish to view the house. There are nearly a 1000 acres of wider estate land with ancient woodlands, parkland and riverside walks. A range of difficulty-graded off-road cycle trails have been mapped out, with maps available to download from the National Trust website. There are also cycles for hire next to the car park. Children's adventure playground next to the Park Cafe.
- Free car parking.
- Shop selling gifts, books, gardening items, kitchenware, traditional toys, cards, local produce and souvenirs.
- Plant centre.
- Licensed Servant's Hall Restaurant (table service) serving cream teas, lunches, snacks, cakes and hot and cold drinks.
- Park café (near the car park) serves burgers, light lunches, snacks and beverages.
- Stable Tea-room (indoor and outdoor seating) serving cream teas, sandwiches, pasties, cakes and drinks.
- Picnic areas.
- Dogs welcome on estate and outdoor seating area of the Stable café.
- Please check the Lanhydrock website for opening hours.
Ticket Prices - Standard:
- Adult - £10.00
- Child - £5.00
- Family - £25.00
- Family (1 adult) - £15.00
Prices and opening hours correct as at April 2021.
Before you start your journey to Lanhydrock for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Restormel Castle
- Pencarrow House and Gardens
- Eden Project
- Porfell Wildlife Park and Sanctuary
- Kidzworld Cornwall
- Charlestown Shipwreck and Heritage Centre