Phone Number: 0121 236 9834
Website: Visit the Pen Museum website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View Pendennis Castle reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
The Pen Room Museum is a museum about the history of making writing implements in the Hockley area of Birmingham in the West Midlands.
Run as a charitable organisation this museum displays some of it's collection of over 5000 items relating to the history of Birmingham's steel pen making history and the history of writing.
Set in a Victorian pen factory, the three galleries contain exhibits showing the important part Birmingham had to play in the pen making industry, being the world leader for well over a 100 years. There are interactive exhibits where visitors can try using different writing implements, displays of writing equipment, factory machinery, demonstrations of pen making and a reconstruction of Victorian school room.
Guided tours available.
- On street parking nearby or use nearby car parks.
- Gift shop.
- Free WiFi.
- Museum temporarily closed
- Tuesday to Saturday: 11am - 4pm
- Sunday: 1pm - 4pm
- Closed 25th, 26th December, 1st January
- Last admission time to the museum 3:15pm
- Adult - £6.00
- Concession (Adults 65+) - £4.50
- Students - £4.50
- Child (5 to 15) - £2.50
- Child (under 5) - FREE
- Disabled adult visitors pay concession admission (free for carer/personal assistant).
Prices and opening hours correct as at May 2021.
Before you start your journey to the Pen Museum for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- National SEA LIFE Birmingham
- Museum of the Jewellery Quarter
- Birmingham Back to Backs
- Soho House
- Birmingham Botanical Gardens and Glasshouses