Phone Number: 01434 344363
Website: Visit the Housesteads Roman Fort website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
English Heritage Membership: FREE access to over 400 historic places.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Housesteads Roman Fort is the remains of a 2000 year old Roman fortress and civilian settlement near Hexham in Northumberland.
A World Heritage Site located inside Northumberland National Park on an escarpment with lovely views over the surrounding countryside. The remains of the Roman fortress include barracks, latrines, granaries and officer's quarters and are adjoining a section of Hadrian's wall. Visitors can roam amongst the ruins and read the informational panels for the various sections. The site also has a museum displaying Roman archaeological finds including jewellery, weapons, pottery and altar stones and exhibition about Roman life with a film presentation and model. Picnics welcome.
- Car park (charge) ten minutes walk away.
- Gift shop selling Roman-themed souvenirs and snacks and drinks.
- Dogs welcome on leads (in certain areas).
- Please check the Housesteads Roman Fort website for opening hours.
- Member - Free
- Adult - £8.10
- Child (5 to 17 years) - £4.90
- Concession - £7.30
- Family (2 adults, 3 children) - £21.10
Prices and opening hours correct as at April 2019.
Before you start your journey to Housesteads Roman Fort for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Chesters Roman Fort and Museum
- Hexham Abbey
- Aydon Castle
- Kielder Water Bird of Prey Centre
- Allen Banks and Staward Gorge
- Killhope - The North of England Lead Mining Museum